About Wright Engineering Company (Nottingham) Limited
Established in 1950, this family-run business (now in its third generation) was founded by Donald J Wright. After a successful 10 years on Porcester Road, land was purchased opposite Colwick Woods to enable a two-storey factory to be built which was named “Colwickwood Works”.
This move enabled the company to develop in other areas and set up their own design section. Further land was purchased in 1961, allowing further expansion creating the right premises to design and manufacture special purpose machines.
In the year 2000, we celebrated our 50th anniversary and are looking forward to continued success for the future.
Over the years, we have been very fortunate to have had a very loyal workforce, many of whom have been with us in excess of 25 years and one who recently retired after 45 years’ service.