Wright Group

 

 

 

Established in 1950 This family run busines, now in it's third generation, was founded by Donald J Wright.

We have a loyal workforce many of whom have been with us in excess of 25 years. The company started from rented premised on Thornywood Lane, now Porchester Road, Nottingham, under the name of 'Wright Precision Engineering Company' and was trading as Toolmaker, specialising in presstools, jigs, fixtures and plastic moulds.

 

In 1956 we became Wright Engineering Co (Nottingham) Ltd. After a successful first 10 years land was purchased in 1960 opposite Colwick woods and a two storey factory was built and named 'Colwickwood Works'. This move enabled the company to develop in other areas and to set up it's own design section. At the end of 1961 additional land was purchased making expansion possible at a later stage and when this happened it created the right sort of premises to design and manufacture special purpose machines.

In the year 2000 we celebrated our 50th anniversary and look forward to continued success for another 50 years.

 

 

 

 

Wright Engineering

 



Nottingham Chamber of Commerce
FSB